Works as Senior Decontamination Engineer at NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership/Specialist Estates Services. John manages the team where the role is defined to provide technical advice, validation services and promote and develop guidance. The work entails providing a service to Welsh Government and NHS organisations to ensure systems are in place to promote best practise within decontamination of medical devices and compliance with the appropriate regulatory framework. John works closely with multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals within Wales to promote standards for the decontamination of medical devices.
Mark represents the Welsh Assembly Government Decontamination Committee and on all Wales Endoscopy Decontamination Committee. His Current research are focusses on:
· Removal of residue proteins from surigcal devices
· TOE Decontamination
· Quality of Surgical Instrumentation: paper published May IDSC Journal
· Hydrogen peroxide / Gas Plasma Decontamination Live
· Chemical effects on endoscopy materials : currently underway
· Decontamination in primary care : completed wiltshire pct 2011
And many more.