Who am I:
• Fully bi-lingual (English & Cantonese/Mandarin) Speak/Write
• Master of Applied Science (Mechanical Engineering), University of Waterloo
• Master of Business Administation (MBA), Duke GEMBA
• Engineer with 20+ Years Experience
• PCB fabrication, CAD design of printed circuit and Die Cutting for production
• Conveyors install for Auto Plant Production
• Plant Structural Modification to facilitate Conveyor Path
• Transfers and Ventilation installation for Auto Plant
• Global leader in Auto Chemical Engineer both Factory Fill and Aftermarket
• Product Development for aftermarket part business
• Managed teams in several different part categories (batteries, brakes, etc.)
• Developed Oversea container program for Brake category (Brake Rotor and Brake Pads)
• Support customers in Canadian aftermarket and GM dealer networks
Tapan Trivedi, manager in Product Planning, is responsible for vehicle specifications of all Nissan models produced in Europe. In his previous role, Tapan was responsible for connected car program’s profitability and competitiveness. In that role he studied new business opportunities, developed business models, managed costs and guided company’s strategy with connected cars.
Tapan has MBA from HEC Paris and Masters in Technology from ISEP, Paris
► Established a very strong e-Mobility solutions team at RB Eng.. India., focusing SW and System development supporting future mobility for global and local markets
► Contributed in Establishing RBEI - Coimbatore as a strong delivery location by setting up multiple project teams in different areas
► Initiated and setup Steering systems projects at RBEI
► Part of Bosch Quality initiative & helped RB-IN SPM Machine Division to achieve CMMI-L2 as Consultant
► Contributed to the business growth of After Market division of Bosch by increasing the ECU coverage from 30% to 80% ► Patent in EV
► Received Excellence Engineering award from Chennai Institute of Technology
Languages: English, Tamil, Hindi, German (Intermediate).
Interests and Pastimes: Travel, Long Drive, Nature, Reading and music.
Personality details: Self made, Extrovert, Optimistic, Down to earth.
Electric Mobility Systems: –eDrive, e-machine, BMS
Product Development Knowledge
Project Management Powertrain Systems Development Environment Methods & Tools, CMMI
ISO 26262, Vehicle Diagnostics
C, C++ Six Sigma Ø
B.E. (Electrical and Electronics Eng.., National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India)
PGCBM (Business Management) Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur, India
Risk Management, World Bank Institute
Seeking a leadership position for a product design, automotive engineering, research, design & development organization; where my resourceful experience and academic skills will add value to organizational operations. Over all 16 Years of experience.
· Automotive Product Design & Development & Technical (R&D) Project management.
· Design & development of complete vehicle body, BIW (Body-inWhite) structure, Components & Exterior trims of Passenger cars, commercial vehicles, performance cars & Electric Vehicles.
· Design tools, such as Catia V5 / UGNX / PLM / Team Centre.
· Expose to advance manufacturing process & latest technologies.
· Responsible for final design release for tooling & Proto manufacturing.
· VA/VE, weight/cost reduction, quality improvement of product/process & ECN/ ECR implement
· Preparation of DVP, DFMEA/PFMEA & QMS documentation.
· Outsourcing of Parts & components & Vendor management.
· Responsible for Vehicle quality, customer complains & root cause analysis of quality Issues.
· Close interaction & coordination with Testing, Validation & certification agencies & their process for TA, COP & Vehicle certifications.
General Manager Digital & Connected Cars at Renault Middle East Pacific With over 16 Years of Experience, she currently leads Digital & Connected Cars projects in the Middle East region, focusing on leveraging the emerging technologies to digitize the customer journeys and to create new capabilities & new mobility services (connected services).
Model Line Manager, Regional Strategy, Kia Motors North America Chris is a Model Line Manager in the Regional Strategy group at Kia Motors North America. He is a vehicle’s chief advocate, championing and marshaling resources to support, promote and strengthen the model for maximum marketplace success and profitability, and provides strategic and tactical input for developing and executing sales and marketing plans. He has spent over 30 years in the automobile industry, beginning at Mazda in various headquarters and regional roles. Next followed a number of years at advertising agencies, first Designory as Account Director working on Nissan, Audi and Infiniti, then at Jumpstart Automotive Media, supporting digital marketing needs for multiple automotive clients. He also served as Senior Manager of Projects at Southern California Edison, coordinating efforts between with automakers, charging infrastructure providers, and local governments in support of Electric Vehicle adoption. He received his BA from the University of Rochester and an MBA from Pepperdine University.